What is Asbestos cement?
Asbestos is obtained by extraction of asbestos-containing rock which is crushed and milled to produce a threadlike fibrous material known as Asbestos.
Asbestos is divided into two parts SERPENTINE and AMPHIBOLE. Serpentine, which is chrysotile asbestos; and amphibole which contain Amosite / Grunerite (Brown), and Crocidolite (Blue) asbestos.
There are three types of Amphibole -Anthophyllite, Actinolite, and Tremolite which have no real commercial use.
Chrysotile, is only the mineral in the serpentine group is the most commonly used type of asbestos, Chrysotile is also known as “white asbestos”.
Asbestos cement roofing sheet
Due to fantastic thermal insulation, Good strength and Durability asbestos are used in roofing.
At some percentage, asbestos is added with Portland cement with water and pressed under grooved or tooth roller to give a series of waves or corrugation.
Corrugations are given to roofing sheets to increase the strength and rigidity of sheets and also ensure a quick flow of rainwater.
Benefits of using Asbestos cement roofing
There are lots of benefits of using Asbestos cement as a roofing sheet. The main advantage of Asbestos cement roofing is its cheapness and easy availability. It also performs well in weather conditions as it does not absorb water it works well in the rainy season.
- Asbestos cement roofing sheets are rust & rot resistant and can also protect the same from chemical attack.
- The vapor permeability of the sheets reduces the danger of condensation in buildings.
- They are durable.
- Excellent thermal and noise insulation property.
- Asbestos cement roofing sheets come with good weatherproofing features.
- Asbestos cement roofing sheet is versatile and is available in a wide variety of colors even you can paint to look unique.
Features of corrugated Asbestos Cement roofing sheets
- High impact strength of the Asbestos cement sheet offers excellent durability.
- This sheet does not corrode or rust.
- Asbestos cement sheet resists flame spread and widely known for its non-combustible features.
Swastik Roofing sheets
Swastik roofing sheets are manufactured from a quality blend of fibre and Portland cement using the most modern manufacturing techniques and the latest process control equipment.
Swastik roofing sheets are economical, non-corrosive, very strong, long-lasting, fire-resistant, and withstand extreme weather conditions.
These qualities make Swastik sheets are ideal for roofing and side cladding of industrial sheds, Godowns, poultry sheds, houses, etc.
Swastik roofing sheets are available in 6mm Thickness and length available in meter is1.5,1.75, 2.0,2.25,2.5,2.75, 3.0 .