Are you planning to build your own chicken coop?
If yes then we have one best DIY Backyard poultry structure for you.
Before starting let’s have some lookout on a few points
what is a chicken coop?
A chicken coop is also known as a hen house, chicken house. It is a building where female chicken is kept safe and secure from adverse weather conditions. A chicken coop consists of nest box inside the hen house for laying eggs and perches for sleeping.
A chicken coop is very helpful to minimize infection-causing diseases and keep predators away from the chickens.
The following points to be considered for designing the best chicken coops?
- Good space for hens
- Proper ventilation
- Safety from predators
- Easy to clean
How big should your chicken coop be?
The answer to this question depends on what types of chickens you have. Are they bantams, large fowls or extra-large such as jersey giants.
In general, the following space requirements apply:
- Bantams – 2sq.ft./bird in the coop, 4sq.ft/bird in the run.
- Standard large fowl – 4sq.ft/bird in the coop, 8sq.ft in the run.
- Extra-large birds – minimum 4sq.ft/bird in the coop, 8sq.ft in the run.
The size requirement is a very important decision for the birds’ well-being, especially in the winter months. In close confinement, your pretty, lovable hens will start picking and plucking at each other if they don’t have sufficient room.
Advantages of using SWASTIK KUKDOOKOO SHELTER
Swastik kukdookoo is very easy to install and very cost-effective. At the same time, it provides better health to the chicken.
Swastik kukdookoo design offers proper ventilation to chicken. In the summer the vent will allow the warmer air out, keeping the coop cooler and in winter it allows the warm, moist stale air out.
Benefits you will get with Swastik kukdookoo shelter
- Healthy self-consumption
- High nutritional value
- Safety from predators
- Dropping can easily be collected from the shed for manure/fertilizer use.
- Increase protein intake- deficiency is a common phenomenon in the diets of rural people as their diets are predominantly based on cereals containing high energy but low proteins.
Plus points with Swastik poultry brooder shelter
- Reliable income generation alternative
- A steady source of income
- Reasonable investment: better returns
- Feeds available from nearby locations
- All-weather resistance structure
- House can also be used as a storage unit.
Various sizes of Swastik kukdookoo with production capacity
|4’ * 4’||3 Tier= approx * 60 chickens|
|8’ * 4’||3 Tier= approx * 120 chickens|
Features your coop need
A roosting perch is very essential for them. This perch provides the sleeping area for the hens. A good rule of thumb is 6 to 10 inches of roosting’s space per bird.
Provide areas of dry soil or dirt where hens can dust bathe. Dust bath helps the chicken to remove excess oil as well as external parasites like lice and mites. A dust bath also maintains water-resistance of the outer feathers.
Dust baths can be as simple as a box filled with dirt or sand. If we don’t provide one, our flock will make a dust bath area anywhere they find a sunny spot with easily disturbed soil.
Make sure you provide a guide against entry from unwanted animals like dogs, cats, etc.